Now is the time for proven leadership
In a few short years, the Washoe County School District Board of Trustees has gone from being the #1 School Board in the US to one that has lost the confidence of the public it serves. Now is the time for strong, proven leadership to rebuild and restore the District's effectiveness. We owe nothing less to the hard-working students, teachers, parent volunteers and staff that are striving for excellence every day. No other candidate for the School Board has my demonstrated skills, experience, and results in guiding a public organization the size and scope of WCSD. It would be my honor to serve.
Our school district faces tremendous challenges in meeting the needs of our children and our regional economy. As the former CEO of a nationally recognized public organization, along with a unique combination of experience and skills, I will help the school district strengthen public confidence and accelerate student achievement at all levels.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial management
- Oversaw $800 million budget and 3200 employees
- Experienced in collective bargaining agreements
- Committed to innovation
- Long-term vision and strategic plan developer
Now is the time to move our children and our educational system forward. It’s critical and it takes firm leadership. That’s where I come in:
- Masters graduate from University of Nevada’s College of Education
- 15 years as Washoe County Manager
- Gained extensive understanding of Open Meeting Law while managing over 400 public meetings
- CEO of $800 million tax-supported public entity. Earned a 90%-plus voter approval rating and received awards in fiscal responsibility, all during our most recent economic downturn
- Volunteer board member for 17 different organizations, including United Way, Children’s Cabinet and a volunteer at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada
- High school counselor as well as teacher at TMCC, UNR and the USC graduate school
I will apply my energy and experience to help strengthen and restore the Washoe County School District to a position of leadership. I promise that and am asking for your vote to make that happen.